Natural gas is the cleanest fossil fuel, consequently becoming extremely preferred for electricity generation across the globe. The carbon emissions by natural gas are almost half when compared to coal. The use of natural gas for globe electricity generation has grown at CAGR of 6.two% from 2002-07, highest among all fossil fuels. Existing natural gas-based energy generation technologies are capable to deliver better efficiencies as compared to coal based energy generation technologies. Natural gas-based power generation technologies are available to cater range of energy generation specifications including diverse loads (intermediate and peak) and diverse usages (stationary, backup, and distributed).
Natural gas combined cycle (NGCC) is the most prominent natural gas-based energy generation technology. It is capable to deliver a net operating efficiency close to 60%.
There are a lot more than 1,000 NGCC plants operating across globe and leading NGCC producers are developing the next generation NGCC technology capable to deliver the net operating efficiency of much more than 60%. Natural gas fuel cell (NGFC) is an upcoming technologies and mostly getting implemented in portable and non-stationary usages. NGFC for stationary use is pricey as the installation price ranges from $ 7,000-8,000 per kW.
The report gives insight on natural gas-based power generation technologies, recent developments and outlook. The report also highlights the use of natural gas as electricity source in key economies.
Key features of this report
• Overview of the global natural gas market with proved reserves, production, consumption and trade.
• Prominent natural gas-based energy generation technologies, development, and outlook.
• Crucial players, drivers, and resistors for natural gas power generation technologies.
• Introduction to upcoming and hybrid natural gas based power generation technologies and outlook.
• Current electricity generation scenario of significant economies highlighting the growth prospective of natural gas as electricity source.
Scope of this report
• Obtain a rapid and understanding of how the international natural gas market is growing.
• Attain a comprehensive understanding of prominent natural gas-based power generation technologies with respect to their driver, resistor, efficiency, and economics.
• Comprehend the current developments taking place in natural gas-based power generation technologies and their outlook.
• Boost awareness of the upcoming and hybrid natural gas-based energy generation technologies along with their outlook.
• Recognize the role of natural gas in electricity generation in world’s significant economies.
Crucial Marketplace Problems
• High natural gas costs: Natural gas prices are comparatively high and more volatile compared to coal which resist natural gas-based power generation to a significant extent.
• Finite and concentrate reserves: Globally proved natural gas reserves are restricted and highly concentrated. The users of natural gas are for that reason drastically influenced by the proximity of reserves, distant users have to incur substantial transportation cost.
• Complex delivery process: Natural gas is delivered either by pipeline or in LNG (Liquefied natural gas) form. Each the delivery processes are either pricey or complicated in nature which discourages natural gas buyers.
• Not appropriate for base load: Natural gas-based power generation technologies are not suitable for base loads energy generation due to their overall high expense of electricity generation as compared to coal and nuclear.
To know much more about this report & to acquire a copy please visit :
Get in touch with us:
Ph : 91-22-40583020
Email: marketing and firstname.lastname@example.org
Site : www.visionshopsters.com